by William Shakespeare
directed by Connie LaMarca-Frankel
with Michael Mahoney as Lear
February 4-20, 2022
Our epic production of William Shakespeare’s KING LEAR features TampaRep mainstay Michael Mahoney (Heisenberg, The Iceman Cometh). Continuing TampaRep’s tradition of presenting theatrical events such as The Iceman Cometh and Inherit The Wind, our production is dedicated to our fearless leader, C. David Frankel. Using minimalism, magic, and a cast of new and familiar faces, KING LEAR promises to be the theatrical event of the season.
Tickets for KING LEAR can be purchased in one of two ways:
- By far the cheapest, best, and easiest is to purchase a RepPASS and redeem tickets.
- RepPASS is available right now!
- Individual tickets, on the other hand, must be purchased through USF and the TicketMaster system, which can add up to $15.00 in extra fees.
- Individual tickets will go on sale January 2022.
- Guests who purchased tickets for our previously scheduled run of KING LEAR will have their reservations honored. Please send an email to email@example.com with your preferred new date.
Support TampaRep with a quick donation: Text TAMPAREP to 44321
University of South Florida
School of Theatre and Dance
3837 USF Holly Drive, TAR 230, Tampa, FL 33620
Dates & Times:
February 4 – 20, 2022
Fri / Sat evenings – 7:30pm
Sat / Sun matinees – 3:00pm
Seating begins at 30 minutes prior to showtime.
Approximate running time is 120 minutes.
Health & Safety:
TampaRep will follow all local and CDC-suggested COVID safety guidelines at the time of the performances.
There is plenty of parking at USF. MORE INFORMATION is available here.